The Worship of God
A brief explanation of the various aspects of our worship
- Our musician will offer the gift of music to help focus our attention on the worship of God.
- Call to Worship
- This hymn of scripture reminds us of the many ways in which God is worthy of all our worship and praise.
- This prayer acknowledges the presence of God among us and asks that God use the service to speak to us.
- Welcome and Announcements
- We appreciate you and want to formally welcome you into our worship at this time. We also look at the coming activities at Ross Grove. You will find our weekly calendar printed on the inside of your bulletin.
- Hymn of Praise
- We sing again of the wonderful nature of God as we continue to worship.
- Children’s Sermon
- Our Minister to Students, Rev. Brian Samples, invites all children and youth to join him at the front of the sanctuary for a special message prepared just for them. The youth and children of Ross Grove gather for worship every Wednesday evening. For more information or for scheduling, see Brian or refer to the bulletin.
- We take this opportunity to greet those around us.
- Offertory Hymn
- This hymn focuses on the blessings we have received from God, and our responsibility to give back.
- Offertory Prayer
- This prayer asks God’s blessing on the offering which will be received.
- Gathering our Tithes and Offerings
- The ushers receive the offering. We ask that you place your information card in the offering plate as it goes by you so that we may have a record of your visit.
- Prayer Concerns
- We are a church at prayer. During this time of worship, the Pastor mentions prayer requests from our community, and a time is set aside for the congregation to add someone to the church prayer list, which is found in the bulletin. The Pastor then leads the church in prayer.
- Special Music
- This is a special offering of music to further assist in our praise and worship of God.
- The Bible is a central foundation to our faith. Today’s scripture, on which the sermon is based, is listed in your bulletin.
- Our Pastor, Rev. Joshua Hunt, delivers the sermon based on the message of the Scripture just read.
- Hymn of Invitation
- During this hymn, the Pastor extends an invitation on behalf of the God who is always inviting us to draw nearer. The altar is open for anyone wishing to pray, become a Christian, re-dedicate his or her life to God, or become a member of our church. This is our opportunity to follow God’s leading.
- This prayer is prayed as a blessing over people who are preparing to depart.
- Our musician plays as we depart from the sanctuary.
Search the site
1225 Fallston Road
Shelby, NC 28150-3433
Shelby, NC 28150-3433